This Quick Start Guide will help you to become familiar with the software. After following this guide, you will be able to login to MET/TEAM, navigate MET/TEAM’s workflow menu, and comfortably manage assets, facilities, and types.
Log in to MET/TEAM
- Click on the MET/TEAM shortcut on your desktop, or navigate to the web address for your instance in a web browser.
- Login with your user name and password, or with the default administrator login credentials:
- To learn about setting up a Facility as a “Lab”- Click here.
Receive an Asset
- Click on the “Workflow” menu.
- Select “Receiving”
- On the “Find Assets to Receive” page, search for the asset being received with Barcode, Customer, etc.
- In most Find screens across the application, you can click the Add button to create a new item instead of selecting an existing record. In this case, click “Add” if the asset is brand new to the system (If you had an import or a migration completed, you may have Assets, Facilities, Types and Users already created). See the “Add an Asset” section below.
- Searching for an asset will bring up a list of possible matches.
- Double click on the asset(s) you want to receive, ensuring they end up in the bottom grid.
- Click “Ok”.
- Fill in the “Receiving Assets” page with information that will prepopulate the work order.
- Click “Process” when complete. This receives in the selected asset(s) and creates work orders for them.
Add an Asset
- If you need to add an Asset, follow these steps to do so.
- After clicking “Add” the Add Asset screen will open.
- Each Asset requires three pieces of information at a minimum:
- A unique barcode number, which is automatically assigned but can be overwritten.
- A customer, which is who owns the asset. Click on the ellipsis to find the appropriate customer facility.
- A reference to an equipment type (manufacturer, model number, description). Click on the ellipsis to select the Type, or click Add to create a new Type.
- If you have details of the last time this asset was calibrated, you can click the small green "plus" next to the grid in the upper left of the screen to add a Scheduled Service. Don't forget the Service Type (Calibration most likely) and a due date.
- After selecting a Type, you will see a pop-up to confirm whether information from the Type record should copied down to the asset. In most scenarios, click Yes.
- Click Save on the Asset page.
Editing Work Orders
- Click on the “Workflow” menu.
- Select “Work Orders.”
- Search for the work order that you will be editing.
- Select the work order and click “Ok” to open the work order.
- The details about work performed on the asset can be added within this screen. Service and Due dates, Procedure used, QC details, condition notes, ambient lab conditions are just a few examples of the information maintained here.
Completing a Work Order
- A work order is considered complete when work is finished and the following fields are updated:
- Service Date
- Due Date (if a recalled Service Type)
- Status is set to Complete
- When the service is finished and all data is updated, set the Status to Complete and save the work order:
Returning an Asset (Closing a Work Order)
- Click on Workflow -> Returning
- On the “Find Completed Work Orders” page, search for the completed work order(s) to be closed.
- Double click on the work order(s) you want to return, ensuring they end up in the bottom grid.
- Click “Ok” and the “Returning” page opens, listing the selected work order(s). At this point confirm that the desired items are listed.
- When the list is confirmed, click “Process” and the selected work order(s) are returned.
- At this point the selected work orders have been closed and are now considered historical. This means if changes are needed, the work orders must be unlocked which allows changes to be tracked and certificates numbers updated. Additionally this action updates the due date on the related asset.
To summarize, you have learned to use MET/TEAM to document actions performed on an asset.