If you want a remote TrendLink installation to communicate with your Fluke DAQ server, you may need to configure DCOM settings. These steps should be executed on the Fluke DAQ server.
- Press [Win]+R to bring up the run box. Type dcomcnfg and click OK to bring up the Component Services application.
- On the left panel, expand Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config.
- Find the entry titled "Fluke DAQ HDA OPC Server", right-click it and select Properties.
- On the Properties tab, set the Authentication Level to None.
- On the Security tab, set the "Launch and Activation Permissions" to Customize and click the Edit... button next to it.
- In the Access Permission window, click the Add... button.
- In the next screen, type "Everyone" in the bottom field, click Check Names, and click OK.
- Back in the Access Permission window, select Everyone in the top grid, and check the Allow Local Access and Remote Access check boxes. Click OK.
- Back on the Security tab, now set the "Access Permissions" to Customize and click the Edit... button next to it.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for the Access Permissions.
- Close out of the Properties window and the Component Services window.
Once you have finished these steps, the TrendLink workstation should be able to communicate with the Fluke DAQ server.