This article will explain how to setup your machine to send and receive files using the Aspera Faspex file transfer software. In order to use it, you must install a desktop application on your machine, and therefore must be a local administrator on it. If you cannot get administrator access or otherwise cannot use Aspera, let us know and we can offer other options for large file transfer.
Downloading the Aspera Connect Client
This section only needs to be completed once on a workstation. Once the Aspera Connect client has been installed, that workstation should be able to upload and download files seamlessly.
- Whether you receive an email request to download a file or upload one, click the link within the email to jump to Fluke's Aspera Faspex site.
- Click the "Download latest version" link at the top of the screen.
- Run the downloaded .MSI file to begin the installation.
- Proceed through the installation steps, choosing default options and a "Typical" installation type. If you have any internet browsers open, it will ask you to close them.
Note: If the installation unexpectedly fails, try rebooting your computer. It seems to work after a fresh reboot.
- When you try the upload/download link again, you should now see a success banner at the top of the browser window.
When you click the email's link to upload a file, you will need to fill out the form with the appropriate information.
- Provide a title for the upload.
- Enter a description of the file and/or note to the recipient.
- Click and drag the file onto the image of the box.
- Click the Send Package button.
- A popup window will appear showing the upload progress. The file will not be delivered until the upload has completed successfully.
When you click the "Download Package" link on the email you received, you will have to select which files you wish to download.
- If you want to download all files sent to you, click the "Download Entire Package" link.
- If you only want to download a partial set of the files sent to you, check the individual boxes of the files and click the Download Selected button.
- The default destination for files downloaded through Aspera is to the user's Desktop. This can be configured within the Aspera Connect settings.