Occasionally, the MET/TEAM administrator may need to start, re-start, or stop the MET/TEAM or Customer Portal websites in IIS (Internet Information Services Manager). This can solve issues with website unresponsiveness or stuck logins, for instance.
Remember to warn your staff to logout, as restarting or stopping the MET/TEAM website will logout ALL users of the MET/TEAM website. This can easily be accomplished via Configure --> Send System Message. The typed message will be displayed to all logged in MET/TEAM users within approximately 20 seconds.
Sometimes IIS requires administrator level access to open and operate, if that is the case, please ask your IT team how to gain access to IIS.
1. To access IIS, go to the Server computer that is running MET/TEAM, and search for IIS.
2. Click on IIS
3. The IIS Manager screen will open up. Click on the arrow next to your server name.
4. Now, Click on "Sites" and the click on "METTEAM"
5. With METTEAM or METTEAM Customer Portal highlighted, look for the "Mange Website" pane on the right of the IIS screen. From the Manage Website pane, you can Restart, Start or Stop the METTEAM service. Remember to warn your staff to logout, as restarting or stopping the MET/TEAM website will logout ALL users of the MET/TEAM website. Keep in mind that restarting this service may take several minutes depending on the size of your MET/TEAM deployment. Often, Restarting the service is an effective troubleshooting step for issues with stuck logins or database maintenance.
6. Don't forget the websites must be running (Started) to access the METTEAM or METTEAM Customer Portal websites.