MET/CAL versions 8 and prior provide an Instrument Configuration dialog to configure the instruments available on your workstation for use within MET/CAL. The Instrument Configuration dialog may be opened from the Runtime or the Editor, but not both at the same time. To prevent this from occurring, MET/CAL sets a "lock" within metcal.ini and then clears the lock when the dialog is closed. If the dialog is closed abnormally (power outage, operating system crash, etc.), this lock may not be cleared successfully. If this occurs, you may see an error message like this one:
E2494: The System Configuration File is in use by another application ("Editor") error.
Follow these steps to clear the lock:
- Open your metcal.ini file in a text editing program like Notepad.
- Open the Find window by clicking Edit > Find, or press Ctrl+F.
- In the Find box, enter "lock" (without the quotes) and press "Enter" or click the "Find Next" button until you locate this section:
- Change the word “editor” to “none”, then save and close the metcal.ini file.
- Restart the MET/CAL Editor and/or Runtime to correct the problem.