This article will explain how to determine the name and location of the MET/BASE database files.
Typically this is needed prior to sending the files to email@example.com for either troubleshooting or for migration to MET/TEAM. Knowing the location of the files is also needed prior to creating a backup of the data base when it is in a known or particular state that needs to be preserved.
The steps below are for MET/TRACK version 7.3 and higher...
- Log into the computer (typically a server) where the MET/BASE database is installed.
- Open Sybase Central by clicking... Start--> All Programs --> Fluke Calibration --> SQL Anywhere 11 --> Sybase Central
- Double click on "SQL Anywhere 11"
- Click on "Services" tab, then right click on "metbase73" and select "Properties"
- In the "metbase73 Service Properties" window, click "Configuration"
- Locate the "Parameters" section and note that the path and name of the database file is the first parameter, in this case the file is "C:\ProgramData\Fluke\METBASE\metbase.db" which is the default/typical location of the 'metbase.db' file.
- Using windows explorer, you can now navigate to the file to perform the desired actions.
NOTE: Most actions will require the database engine to be stopped before any action can be taken. To stop the database engine follow the steps below.
- Close the "metbase73 Service Properties" window without making any changes
- We are now back in the same location as step 4, now right click on "metbase73" and select "Stop"
- Respond to any prompts, confirming that you want to perform the requested actions
- With the database engine stopped, you can perform the desired actions (typically making a copy of the "metbase.db" and "metbase.log" files).
NOTE: If sending the files to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to zip the files to reduce the size and time they will take to upload.
- When finished you should restart the database engine by right clicking on "metbase73" and selecting "Start"
NOTE: If you need assistance with MET/TRACK versions prior to 7.3, you will need to contact email@example.com to get that information.