This article explains how to update the Crystal Reports Runtime on the MET/TEAM application server. Doing so may resolve these issues in MET/TEAM 2.0.6 and earlier:
- Report load times taking too long or reports timing out.
- Email alerts failing to send due to the alerting engine erroneously finding no data in the generated report.
Performing this update requires local administrative rights on the MET/TEAM server and should be performed during a downtime, as the website will be turned off for a short time.
To update the Crystal Reports Runtime,
- Download the latest 32bit.msi file from SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloads.
- On the application server, press [Windows + R], type inetmgr.exe, and click enter to open IIS.
- In IIS, expand the local server node on the left-hand Connections panel, expand Sites, and select METTEAM.
- With METTEAM selected, click Stop in the right-hand Actions panel.
- Repeat step 4 with the METTEAM Customer Portal site.
- Open Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit).
- Install the latest runtime on the machine.
- Back in IIS, select METTEAM and click Start in the right-hand Actions panel.
- Repeat step 8 with the METTEAM Customer Portal site.