Applies To: LogWare III version 3.x installations
Problem Description: When attempting to run LogWare III a message is displayed indicating that there is a log session already open but the Manage Log Sessions tool does not show any.
- From the start menu open the PostgreSQL 9.2 node under All Programs.
- Launch the program pgAdmin III
- pgAdmin program should start.
- Double click the PostgreSQL 9.2 node
- When asked for the password, enter the database password. The default password is FlukePGSQLDatabase9!.
- Expand the tree as shown in the screen shot below
- Right click on the assets table in the list
- Select the View Data item in the Popup menu. Then select View all Rows.
- A new window will appear with the contents of the assets table. Look through the model and serial columns and find the 1620A that is causing the error message
- Copy the asset_guid for that asset to the clipboard
- Go to the main pgAdmin III window and right click on the log_sessions
- Select the View Data item in the Popup menu. Then select View Filtered Rows.
- Another little window will appear. Type in logger_guid='<assed_guid>' where <assed_guid> is the asset guid copied to the clipboard.
- Another window will be open with a list of all log sessions stored for that 1620A. One or more of those will be missing a session_end date. Copy the session_start date for each session to the session_end field.
- Repeat these steps for all 1620As that cause this error.
- Once complete, close all the pgAdmin windows and try starting a real-time log session again.