The 6270A can be used to float a PG7601 or PG7102 piston just like previous generation controllers such as a PPC4. Below are some of the necessary things to setup or things to check if having any issues that might not be obvious using the 6270A.
- The PG needs to have firmware version v126.96.36.1998 or higher to work with the 6270A. It's recommended to have PG firmware v188.8.131.52. See this web page to update the PG firmware, PG7000/PG9000 Ver 3.x Embedded Software
- A PMM of the appropriate mode (absolute, gauge) needs to be installed in the 6270A. Most PM600 modules will cover all modes, but if it is a PM200 or PM500 it would be limited to only the inherent mode it is designed for. For example, a PM200-G700k would only allow gauge pressure of up to 100 PSI. *** Note, adding a barometer module will NOT work for full support of absolute measurement. It would be limited to only absolute points above atmospheric pressure as the barometer cannot act as both a barometer and a measurement module. Workaround is to leave it as a measurement module rather than a barometer and manually enter the typical ATM pressure for use, but this could cause some delay in floating the piston.
- Use a null-modem/cross cable to connect the 6270A COM1 to the PG COM3. This is a different cable than would be used with a PPC4.
- Under menu Setup --> Instrument Setup --> Remote Port --> RS232 Setup, the Remote IF needs to be set to Computer.
- When AutoGen is turned on from the PG Terminal it will change the 6270A to Fixed mode and use the highest range PMM installed. This should suffice for most pressures being set, similar to how an A7M utility sensor might be used on PPC4. If there are lower range modules that are preferred for use, they can be installed and you can switch to Auto mode or a different Fixed mode PM module if desired. However, note that it will change back to Fixed mode and the highest range module anytime AutoGen is initialized.
- The 6270A will be put in PPC4 Emulation mode when AutoGen is turned on and this should not be changed.
- If using an AMH on an older PG base the AMH remote communications cable connects to PG-COM2. On newer PG bases, the AMH power and communications are combined to one cable to a dedicated connector on the PG base.
- Need to use COMPASS v5 or higher
- It is recommended to install the highest range PMM in slot #1 (leftmost when facing the 6270A) to ensure no issues.
- No need to setup 6270A as a Support Device. This is the same as using a PPC4, just need to ensure the PG AutoFloat option is selected for Control in the Test setup.