MET/CONNECT provides a way to use MET/CAL v10.1.0 without requiring the overhead of the MET/TEAM asset management software via a simple API that allows CMMS systems to connect and extract calibration results from MET/CAL procedure runs or a direct data file export.
Things to consider before installing MET/CONNECT
- Ensure you meet the system requirements:
- Windows 10 or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, 64-bit Operating Systems
- SQL Server 2016 or later
- You must have an existing SQL Server instance installed before attempting to install MET/CONNECT Server. You can download the Express versions for free from Microsoft:
- SQL Server 2016 Express: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56840
- SQL Server 2017 Express: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55994
- SQL Server 2019 Express: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads
Installing MET/CONNECT Server and API
- Extract the contents of the MET/CONNECT Server Installer zip file to your C:\Temp directory.
- Review the MET/CONNECT 1.1.0 Readme file and ensure you have all the prerequisites installed.
- When you are ready to proceed, run the setup.exe file.
- Depending on your security settings, you may receive a warning about unrecognized software. Select "More info" and then "Run anyway."
- You will be prompted to install prerequisites for MET/CONNECT Server. Select Install.
Wait for the prerequisites installation to complete. Then click Next.
- Review the License Agreement, select accept, and click Next.
- Browse for the SQL Server instance that you want to use for MET/CONNECT (this should have been installed before starting the installation process). Enter credentials if required. Enter your desired database name and click Next.
- The installer will verify the connection to the database. Click Install.
- The installer will now configure two websites in IIS, one for the MET/CONNECT Service on port 6382 and one for the MET/CONNECT API on port 6381. It will also configure the MET/CONNECT Database using a default starting database. Then it configures the MET/CONNECT Shared Directory, which contains the Help files and MET/CAL Client installer files. A prompt will provide the location of this directory. It also deploys the MET/CAL Shared files and configures a shared directory. It configures the Windows Firewall to enable connections to the two ports noted above.
- The installer will save a text file to the desktop of the PC/Server with the authentication key for the MET/CONNECT API.
- Click Finish to close the installer.
Installing MET/CAL Runtime and Editor
- Go to the MET/CAL installer directory on the MET/CONNECT share
(by default under \\<server_name>\metconnect\Installers\METCAL).
- Run setup.exe.
- Click 'Yes" on any "Allow this app to make changes..." pop-ups.
- If you do not have the Visual Studio 2012 Isolated Shell installed on your PC, the MET/CAL installer will install it for you. You will only need Visual Studio if you are using MET/CAL Editor. It may take up to 20 minutes, and two computer restarts. To continue with the install with Visual Studio, click "Yes" otherwise click "No".
If the logged-in user during the installation process does not have administrative rights on the PC, the installer will not automatically re-launch after required reboots during the installation process and will need to be launched again and the administrator credentials re-entered to proceed.
- If you selected to install Visual Studio, a Visual Studio install screen will pop up.
- Choose English as the preferred language. The current version only supports English.
- The Fluke MET/CAL Installer Wizard will now open.
- On the License Agreement InstallShield screen, click “I Accept” then “Next” three times.
- Enter the name you would like to be listed as the procedure author in the box, then click "Next"
- On the Shared Files screen you have a choice:
- If you are installing MET/CAL on the same computer where the MET/CONNECT Server is installed, you leave the path to the local drive and click "Next"
- If MET/CONNECT is on a different computer, you need to select the "METCAL" network share that was created on the MET/CONNECT computer. If your shared directory is not already mapped to a drive on a client PC, you can use the Map Drive Letter button to configure a mapped drive for the installer to continue.
- On the "Ready to Install the Program" screen, click "Install".
- Several command line boxes and InstallShield dialogs may pop-up and go away. This is normal. Click "Finish" on any Install screens that come up.
Your installation is now complete!
Have any questions or issues?
Web support: http://support.flukecal.com
To submit a question, click “Submit a Request” on that support page.